Traditional therapeutic use
- Antihistamine and asthma treatments, especially in children.
- Clotting agent and wound healing.
- Digestion (relieves intestinal cramps), metabolic and gastrointestinal soother.
- Mild laxative.
- Anti-rheumatic and anti-sclerotic effects are, therefore a good treatment for Multiple sclerosis (MS).
- Balances the blood pressure.
- Oestrogen enhancer.
- Premenstrual regulator – yarrow is an ingredient of a treatment herbal tea mix for this condition – contact us for a personalised consultation.
- Prostate reduction and treatment (used alongside medical drugs).
- Women wanting a pregnancy should drink an infusion (check with a doctor first).
- A mild form of gum disease (gingivitis).
- Swelling (inflammation) of the tonsils (tonsillitis).
- Common cold.
Possible side effects
- Can stain urine dark brown, so do not be afraid.
- It may cause diarrhoea in very sensitive individuals. But such a case is rare, but in these cases do not increase the dose.
- Not recommended for women who take contraceptive pills are used, especially for those who know that they are prone to malignancies.
- Yarrow may cause an allergic reaction in people who are sensitive to the Asteraceae/Compositae family. Members of this family include ragweed, chrysanthemums, marigolds, daisies, and many others.
- Yarrow might slow blood clotting. In theory, taking yarrow might increase the risk of bleeding in people with bleeding disorders.
Our plants are harvested during particular seasons, and times of the day and according to the lunar calendar to ensure the plants or parts of them have the highest nutritional value. For example, roots are picked on a waning moon. Once harvested, they are packaged by hand because we try to avoid using metal equipment and utensils that could reduce the beneficial properties of the plant.
Because these products do contain active ingredients, please ensure that you do not exceed the recommended doses and if in any doubt, or if you experience any side effects – however slight – please consult your doctor or healthcare professional.