Traditional therapeutic uses
- Anti-flatulence (wind cramps).
- Liver protector.
- Digestive aid.
- Herbal bathing agent (balneological).
- Cold & flu as a respiratory disinfectant, bringing quick relief.
- Remedy for digestion, weak stomach, intestinal microbes.
- Appetite enhancer.
- Activate the immune system in children.
- Disinfects the kidneys and bladder.
- Inhalant agent.
- Promotes the health of the ovaries and prostate.
- Excellent throat rinsing.
- Aromatic bath – Please see our special bath mixtures to experience the balneological benefits of this herb.
Possible side effects
- Do not use it continuously for more than 3 weeks. Overdose may cause dizziness, weakness and headache.
- Contraindicated in thyroid insufficiency.
- In some people, it can cause digestive system upset, headache, or dizziness.
- Some people apply thyme directly to the skin to act as a counterirritant, for hoarseness (laryngitis), swollen tonsils (tonsillitis), sore mouth, and bad breath.
- People who are allergic to oregano or other Lamiaceae species might also be allergic to thyme.
Our plants are harvested during particular seasons, and times of the day and according to the lunar calendar to ensure the plants or parts of it have the highest nutritional value. For example, roots are picked on a waning moon. Once harvested, they are packaged by hand because we try to avoid using metal equipment and utensils that could reduce the beneficial properties of the plant.
Because these products do contain active ingredients, please ensure that you do not exceed the recommended doses and if in any doubt, or if you experience any side effects – however slight – please consult your doctor or healthcare professional.